Medical Marijuana Card or the Patient Identification Card is your legal authorization to cultivate, harvest, and consume Medical Marijuana in any of the states where Medical Marijuana has been legalized. There is a standard hub for application processes involving patients, physicians, and business-minded persons who want to own a dispensary in Florida. The application process is the same in other states, save for slight differences like the mode of application. All patients interested in consuming Medical Marijuana must first consult with a state-licensed Marijuana physician to ascertain the need for Marijuana. If you pass the qualifying criteria, a licensed physician can recommend the patient for a Medical Marijuana Card application.
According to the governing bodies, only patients with some health conditions should have the pass to use Medical Marijuana for their treatment. Some of the health conditions include cancer, epilepsy, severe seizures and others. Some other conditions that can influence the quality of the patient's life have been approved for Medical Marijuana treatment in Florida, like depression and severe chronic pain.
Your health condition doesn't justify your direct access to Medical Marijuana Card Sarasota; you still need to see a physician for a recommendation. Some patients find this preliminary step cumbersome because some physicians may take some time and may not recommend patients for Marijuana treatment. It would be perfect if you already know clinics that you can visit, and they will listen to you and get you started on the Medical Marijuana Card application process.
Medical Marijuana Card Application Steps
- Set up your account on the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR). After you have successfully seen a physician from My Florida Green, the physician will open an account on your behalf on MMUR (Medical Marijuana User Registry). You will get email notifications with instructions for password change and steps to access your account. Once you log into your platform, study the application hub and carefully navigate to the "Your Card" tab. You will be able to access the application portal when you click on the "View button."
Credentials Upload: You are required to upload your credentials once you are logged into the application portal. You will need to upload an Identification such as a Florida driver's license, other required dates like social security number will be taken from the photo ID. A common challenge most people encounter is the failure of the application portal to import their driver's license from the state department of motor vehicles. This challenge will happen if you are a seasonal resident who doesn't have a state-registered driver's license. The physicians at My Florida Green will need to manually enter your social security number, date of birth and upload your passport photo.
- They are very patient in attending to any challenge you might have during the registration process. Another document you will need to upload is your proof of residency. Ensure the address on the evidence of residency matches the address registered already on the portal. Some persons who have had their applications rejected supplied proof of residence bearing a different address than the one already on the registration portal.
- Suppose you don't have proof of residence. In that case, you will need to submit two other documents, either a utility bill that is not more than two months old and the evidence of residence of the person you are staying with throughout your vacation in the state. If you are making the application for your child, the application portal will need the child's birth certificate and your valid driver's license as the child's parent.
If you find all this information overwhelming and confusing, you should contact experts at My Florida Green. They are one of the most established Medical Marijuana Naples service providers in Florida, with centers in Sarasota, Naples, Melbourne, and St. Petersburg. They have experts who will help you at each step of your Marijuana journey, from free eligibility check to appointment with a state-licensed Marijuana physician to a Medical Marijuana recommendation.
- Application submission: You will be able to apply once all required documents are uploaded. Scroll down to the bottom of the application portal to submit the form. The following pop-up page will require you to make payment for your Medical Marijuana Card processing. Once that is completed, you have done all that is needed.
- Application completion: Within ten days of applying, your physician from My Florida Green will monitor the approval process and inform you immediately after you get approval. The registration portal will send an auto-generated email about the successful application. So, while you wait for your Medical Marijuana card to arrive, you are already allowed to purchase Medical Marijuana from any dispensary of your choice.
- My Florida Green makes the process easy for you. Extra efforts are put into the application process to prevent common mistakes with residency documents, passport photos, and other requirements needed from seasonal residents. Even if you have a first-time rejection after submitting your application, My Florida Green physicians will follow through with the registry and get your application approved.